Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7000 IPS going into warmup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: 7000 IPS going into warmup. Reply with quote Back to top

With the machine warm and ready, it will go into a warm up cycle. Some times it will be in warm up for 5 min, sometimes the operator has to turn the printer off and on to get it to come to ready. Happens randomly throughout the day.
What really throws me is it does not error out. I saw it sit in a warm up state for half an hour today, no error. I finally got bored and power cycled it.
It has never failed to warm up, it has an issue with staying warm.

All sleep modes are off, both in the IPS and at the machine.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Scott

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Warm up Reply with quote Back to top

I had a machine doing the same and what happen was our IT dept upgraded the computer and did not set the time on the computer and it was thinking it was night time. Hope this help

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No luck, played with time, warm and cold sleep. Still randomly goes into warmup. Really a head scratcher.
Thanks though. I will let you know if I ever figure this out.

Scott

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scott,

Have you tried to ghost the IPS yet? Just curious if it is an IPS issue or machine problem.

Thanks

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have not tried ghosting yet. That's next on the list.

Scott

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What Charlie Brown meant, was to go into Configuration and double-check the "current time" on about the 5th or 6th page. Make sure that it is set correctly. For example, it is in "army time" so if it is PM it shouldn't be reading 1:00, it should say 13:00. You probably checked it but you didn't state that on your reply. Just my 2 cents.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee,

Not sure if I did check that. I will, because I would rather not ghost the controller.
Thanks for the 2 cents. With the price of gas, I will take every cent I can get!!

Scott

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, the time in the configuration screen shows 24 time. Every sleep setting is off, at the printer, in the IPS software and in unattend.

The operator is telling me that the issue is going into a warmup cycle after a print job, not when it is just sitting. I have seen it do both.
Luckily this is at one of our print shops, not an outside customer.

It has also taken to randomly printing internal test pattern #1.
This makes me suspect the DC controller, not the IPS. I am going to reload the firmware. Unluckily I forgot my USB to serial adapter today.

I will keep you posted.

Scott

MarkII
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: warm up Reply with quote Back to top

Scott,

Do you have any update on your 7000 problem? Maybe I can help!

I hope its OK now,[/img]

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MarkII,

I have no updates yet, I have not gotten a chance to try anything else yet. I have been busy and this machine is in one of our print shops, so they are low on the list.

I will post an update next week.

Thanks for the offer to help, this one has me very puzzled and I will take any help I can get!

Scott

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had some issues like this specially if someone reghost the IPS and forgot to set the proper time and time zone. By default the IPS is set to Eastern time.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This problem has gone away, for no apparent reason. It has been several weeks since it went into warm up. It is nothing I did, it was doing it's warmup thing last time I was there.
While I am glad it quit, I wish there was a definitive answer to why it was doing it.

Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: