Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9400 leading edge of paper is picking up toner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kh_design
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: 9400 leading edge of paper is picking up toner Reply with quote Back to top

One of my 9400 leading edge of paper is picking up toner.

It is not affecting the quality of the prints because it is only on the very leading edge of the paper and can best be seen when the plan set is staked and rolled up, the rolled edge is black. It is only an annoyance.

I have replaced the coronas, adjusted the transfer and separation voltages, adjusted the developer/toner concentration, adjusted the duty cycle, and swapped out the cleaning blade. I have not yet changed developer or drum because the print quality is really good and toner use is lasting the expected duration.

Anybody else seen this?

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a 9306 do this once and it was related to the leaf spring on the left side that grounds the drum. Also check the earth wire that is attached to it. Hopefully this will help.

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check the profile where the paper goes across the paper flap. I had a machine that was doing the same thing some time ago, and the bracket had become dislodged from the notches where it is supposed to be aligned.
Hope this helps....

kh_design
medical school senior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: 9400 leading edge of paper is picking up toner Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, they were both right on and lead me in the right direction. The ground on the drum was improved cleaning with denatured alcohol and the transfer assembly and paper flap positioned to seat better for less interference with the paper path. Both decreased the intensity of the black leading edge to a gray, but it was still there.

This is when what I did was really interesting and only by chance. After seeing all of the paper I had used with test print after test print I decided to reuse the cut sheets and manual feed the paper into the printer feed table (to use both sides of the paper). When I had feed the first manual paper though a test print, I was excited because finally NO toner on leading edge. When I did the next test print using the roll again the toner was on the leading edge. Back and forth I went, NO toner on leading edge when I manual feed the paper, toner on leading edge when roll is used. I cleaned the path the roll paper takes with no success, still toner on leading edge.

And then I swapped roll holder spindle with my other 9400 and the toner on the leading edge went away, I know very strange. I tried it with every combination of different paper, paper sizes and spindles and always when the one specific roll holder spindle was used toner was on the leading edge of the prints but never when any other spindle was used. That one roll holder spindle does not have a problem in any of my other 9400s, so all is fine now. Very strange fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: