Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Recoated 9800 rollers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Recoated 9800 rollers Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone else been having problems with recoats wrinkling/rippling paper?

Scott

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: recoated 9800 rolls Reply with quote Back to top

who are you buying your rolls from ? have you tried anyone else ? is there anyone else ?
what kind of output are you getting before this happpens ?
just curious if recoats are an alternative

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have bought recoated rollers from www.alden-broden.com and www.techpartsinc.com.

I have been having the same problems with both, the best way I can describe it is a ripple running from the center to the edge in a slight arc. Sometime it's on the right, sometimes the left.
I ask because not all my 9800's have the issue, several run the recoated rollers just fine, sometimes I have to drop the air pressure down to 58 or 60 PSI. I am thinking maybe I am missing something with the machines I have the problem with.

If you are using genuine Oce rollers, I reccomend trying the recoated rollers. They will save you a ton of money. At least try a recoated pressure roller with an Oce fuser roller. I have no problems with that combination.

I just want to say that I am in no way saying anything bad about either Alden Broden or tech parts, they are both great companies.

Scott

Guest1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Roller Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try buying the original? you can now buy it from Valley Supplies. i deal with Sean 973-854-2623 his pricing beats Oce

Tuck
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IPC manufactures a variety of pressure and fuser rollers; including the OCE 9800 pressure roller. These are all new none are recoated.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking about trying an IPC pressure roller, I just wish they would make a fuser roller.

Scott

martniguy
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings, I am beta testing fuser rollers from IPC, so far, it is working great. I use their press rollers and cleaners as well. and the copy is fine, no smudges, wrinkling or worse, no static problems. I will keep you posted as I have more info.
Martniguy

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please do keep us posted, the static problem is a very big problem. It can usually be cured by taping small pieces of steel wool to the cleaner roller shafts and replacing the bearings, but steel wool is kind of a Mickey Mouse fix.

Scott

Bugzy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a roller that is worth a try. Does anyone know how they compare to the other guys, price vs. yield ?
IPC cleaners are a lot more $$ !!!

martniguy
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: 9800 fuser roller Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried techparts fuser rollers, press rollers and cleaners, and have unfortunatly been having lots of static problems. Even with grounding straps, static elimanators, and what not, the paper would stick to the fuser roller, and wrap around the fuser cleaner. Using IPC's beta fuser roller, and the press roller and cleaners, all the static problems and error codes are gone. The yeald so far, (1 1/2 months) is 360k sq ft.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, I will have to give them a try. Thanks for the info.
Have they given you any idea when they will put them into general production and the price?

Scott

martniguy
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: 9800 rollers Reply with quote Back to top

No price has been given out at this time, they are still testing the fuser rollers, and I have one machine with a beta roller now. will post when I am given prices!!

Bugzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just heard through the grape vine that Alden & Broden has rescently revamped their fuser roll, and with great results. ie, no more sticking or repeating image problems.
Anyone else here anything ?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got a flyer from Techparts also claiming to have perfected the Oce fuser roller.
Due to a issue I have been having with genuine Oce rollers leaving marks, I have used several sets of Techparts
rollers recently and I would have to say the set I bought last month has given me almost no problems at all.

Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: