Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Running rich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubbleguts
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Running rich Reply with quote Back to top

This 7170 is running toner rich every month I'm out there cleaning the led for voids. Toner is spraying all up in there. Never seen this on the older kips. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tech Tip K134-006
I know there is a posting in here about that problem

Basically your led heads are not properly grounded. Use an ohm meter and check continuity all the way through the grounding strip of the led heads.

Best Wishes

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have personally seen this on our units as well. The tech tip/bulletin is useless. LED Grounding doesn't stop this from happening.

We have tried just about everything we could to try to keep dusting to a minimum but if you adjust it enough to make a difference you end up with poor print quality.

We concluded that because of the finer toner grind on the newer Kips there is just going to be more dusting.

If someone could build a shield to block the airflow directly over the LED head where the toner likes to collect this could be a solution.

We haven't had time to try this yet.

On all of our machines it builds up in the exact same area on the print head. As you are facing the front of the machine its just off center to the right.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had this happen on a couple of machines in the field I would go clean the unit and with in 1000sq ft the LED was dirty with toner again. What i did was repressurized the regulation roller and it seem to work on several different occassions. Let me know what fixes your issue once you get it figured out. See section 5.2.8 in the service manual.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MackD wrote:
I've had this happen on a couple of machines in the field I would go clean the unit and with in 1000sq ft the LED was dirty with toner again. What i did was repressurized the regulation roller and it seem to work on several different occassions. Let me know what fixes your issue once you get it figured out. See section 5.2.8 in the service manual.

I believe you meant section 5.8.2 in the service manual. Unless you have a different manual.

I haven't found that to be the issue on our 7970's.

At first I thought it could have been an altitude thing but we are having the same issues on machines at lower elevations. Not to mention posts on this forum started cropping up with the same issue.

We have the same issue on our 7770's as well. Just inherent to this design.

The older KIP 7000, 6000 and ips5000 machines showed signs of similar behavior however the dusting was less it would take longer for a build up like this to take hold. We could go a really long time before the printhead would foul up to the point where you got a blank line from toner covering the head.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it is 5.2.8... In the KIP 7170 service manual. See below copy and pasted out the manual...

5. 2. 8 Readjustment of the Pressure of Regulation
Roller

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MackD wrote:
Actually it is 5.2.8... In the KIP 7170 service manual. See below copy and pasted out the manual...

5. 2. 8 Readjustment of the Pressure of Regulation
Roller

You're right my bad. I had 7970 and 7770 on the brain.

In the 7970 manual it is section 5.8.2. How funny is that?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since the 7100s, I have seen toner dusting on the sides of the charge assy/LED printhead. I had to loosen and repressurize that side to get it to go away. On some, it just won't go away and I do have to return and each time it's the same thing.

I'm just wondering if it is dusting anywhere near the center, maybe it has too much pressure causing the center to bow. You would think that the reg roller couldn't but trust me it can. I've seen it myself, in trying to get a good pressure. Too much pressure on both sides and you will see the toner in the middle. No, I didn't hulk them down either. You'd be surprised that it doesn't take that much pressure.

Bubbleguts
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mines heavy on the left side. front facing I went out 2 weeks ago to clean it. Now just got a call 10min ago for the same issue. And there an hour away. Not fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: