Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Oce 9800 short

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixprinter
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Oce 9800 short Reply with quote Back to top

Please help. My Oce 9800 was fine then shut down and gave a 22003-3 error. I turned it off then the next morning turned it on and no code at all. Just a blank screen and a 0 in the copy count window, with a clicking noise in the engine and scanner about a second in between clicks. Cant switch into service mode, same click and blank screen with a 0. Is this a short somewhere. Please any ideas?

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Oce 9800 short Reply with quote Back to top

phoenixprinter wrote:
Please help. My Oce 9800 was fine then shut down and gave a 22003-3 error. I turned it off then the next morning turned it on and no code at all. Just a blank screen and a 0 in the copy count window, with a clicking noise in the engine and scanner about a second in between clicks. Cant switch into service mode, same click and blank screen with a 0. Is this a short somewhere. Please any ideas?

Try re seating all the EEPROMS. There are 4 behind the Scanner Screen on the Scanner CPU board and 2 on the CPU board on the side of the printer.

Turn off power, pull chips one at a time and push them back in.

See if it comes up after that.

Also you can try re seating all the connections to the CPU boards on both the scanner and printer.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you decide to reseat the EPROMs make sure you stay grounded to the frame while you are in contact with the EPROMs. Otherwise there is a possibility that a static discharge could damage the EPROM.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
If you decide to reseat the EPROMs make sure you stay grounded to the frame while you are in contact with the EPROMs. Otherwise there is a possibility that a static discharge could damage the EPROM.

If you fry the EEPROMS or require NEW Ones with the latest firmware I can burn them for you.

You will have to pay for the EEPROMS and a small progamming fee.

Last edited by gjames on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

phoenixprinter
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will try this out this weekend when I have time to spend on this.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you guys think this is an EPROM issue or a board issue? If it is EPROMs then all the calibrations will have to be done again, correct?

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

scott wrote:
Do you guys think this is an EPROM issue or a board issue? I believe it is also clicking and the scanner display is powering on and off with the clicking.

If it's an EPROM issue you may not have to redo all the settings. If you replace the EPROMs then yes you would have to start from scratch.

If you initialize the BBR you would have to redo the settings also. But in this particular situation you wouldn't be able to access the menu to reset the BBR.

Personally I have seen this fixed just by reseating the EPROMs. But I have also seen this be the Battery on the CPU in the scanner and the printer. As well as a LV Power Supply or the Power Supply in the scanner.

Very well could be a board or power issue as well.

CONEMS, LV Power Supply, Scanner Power Supply, SSR Board, Wall Power, Bad CPU both in the printer and scanner, I doubt the Driver board would do this. I would think you would get errors if if were the driver board.

Although never say never.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: