Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

IPS powering up after 2 hours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: IPS powering up after 2 hours. Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer that says that they'll shut down their KIP3000-A for the weekend and when powering it back up, the controller can take up to 2 hours to boot. I don't know if re-ghosting the controller will help any. Since this issue occured, they have been less likely to power down the printer. For some reason, the KIP IPS is just taking forever to boot up. Do you guys think I'll have to replace the controller? It's a 3000-A, so I don't even know if I can get a direct replacement. Any other ideas?

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the customer state what is showing on the controller touchscreen during this 2 hour period?

I honestly cannot think of anything that would keep the controller from booting or slow booting for 2 hours other than a severe hardware failure. AND if this were the case, then it would show during printing/normal operation.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, she says that when they boot up, it has the usual "analog signal out: going to sleep", which means the touchscreen is getting power but no data from IPS. I've confirmed that they cannot print to the KIP during this time, nor connect, so it's definitely not a cable issue. They are not a contract customer but just gave me the OK to go have a look at it. I'll update as I find out more. Thanks.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a sales opportunity to me.....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so here's what's REALLY happening. The customer will power up the printer and the IPS will not power on. They shut it down, pull the plug, they do everything to try to get it back up and running. They have no success so they leave it alone for a couple hours. (Here's the kicker..>>>) After a few hours, they go back and try again to reboot the printer and then the IPS will eventually start working. (They forgot to tell me that part.) I thought the IPS was MAGICALLY powering itself up after a couple hours....

When I got there, there was no power to the controller and I plugged it directly to the wall with no luck. I guess the PS finally went. I believe they had an intermittent issue with the PS. They have one of the first KIP3000-A black controllers that are very thin, luckily, I have one sitting on my shelf with a bad mobo. I swapped the PS and Voila, powers right up with no issue.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It always makes perfect sense when the problem is figured out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: