Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 8000 and Windows 7-64bit Drivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCBlue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: KIP 8000 and Windows 7-64bit Drivers Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

We are currently upgrading our print shop computers from XP to Windows 7 64-bit.

We have 2 KIP 8000s, with both controllers running Revision 6.5.492-01-RB software and the Mixed Environment Patch installed. I'm able to print on both machines using Request v.7.1.

The problem I'm having is finding Windows 7 64-bit drivers for the 8000s. I downloaded the Windows driver, at the KIP App Store, but the installer doesn't list the 8000. I googled trying to find "Windows 7 KIP 8000 Drivers", but no luck. I found and tried some Vista Drivers, but that didn't work. (Although, the Kip port did see the printers on the network). I also scanned these forums, but didn't see any posts about Windows 7 Drivers. (Sorry if I overlooked it)

I can't believe that KIP wouldn't have drivers for windows 7, the printer isn't that old. The OCE TDS600 has Windows 7 drivers, and its older that the 8000. (Even the HP750C has windows 7 Drivers)

Are there Windows 7 64bit drivers? and if not, is there a work around to get it to work?

Thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP does have drivers for Windows 7 64 bit, just not for the KIP 8000 since it have officially met its "end of life" as of 11/2012. The 8000 printer is I think close to or over 12 years old.

When installing have you just tried choosing a different machine like the 9000 or 9900? Or just see if you can find a little older Kip Windows driver that was for Window 7 64bit that still had the 8000 on the list.

I'm curious to know what scan to file program you are using?
KIP Scan 6.5? And how did that load?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the earliest KIP WPD that supported WIN7 64 & 32 bit was version 4.226. I have a customer that used to have a KIP2000 and I was able to use this WPD but on installation, I believe I chose KIP5000 as the printer type. The WPD doesn't care about speed or printer version, you just have to select a printer on install. Not to scare you but if you were to lose any information, it would be more likely due to your printer's outdated software, not the WPD, so it probably doesn't matter which printer you tell it during install and probably doesn't matter which version of WPD you use. I don't know if I'd use the Version 8.112 that's on KIP's site, I'd probably go with something older but then again I would be contradicting what I just said. I say, try it and let us know if it's a success or fail. You can always uninstall it if it doesn't work. I like to do trial and error, that's a good way to learn but I don't have any HDP printers to work with.

RCBlue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try choosing a different model number a see how it works.

I'm curious to know what scan to file program you are using?
KIP Scan 6.5? And how did that load?

We don't use KIP Scan. We have a KIP 2200 Color scanner that came with our first 8000, but for production scanning, we use our OCE TDS600 Scanners. In our experience, the OCE scanners are faster and are more forgiving when it comes to originals that are not in the best of shape.

Yes, we need modernize our equipment. (We just got a 9900)

Thanks again

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The answer to the driver is correct. The ONLY technical differences in drivers is one of 2.

1. Is it a color printer, then you will need to choose the C7800 or KC80
2. Is it a 400 DPI (VERY legacy) or 600 DPI.

If you select a 9900, the same image data will be created as an 8000 or even an old 2000 printer.

Obviously you will need to worry about what version of IPS software you are running for proper connectivity, but that should be handled by the multi-environment patch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: