Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

kip 7170 printer error (Help!!!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssbmi
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: kip 7170 printer error (Help!!!) Reply with quote Back to top

Printer Error: Toner cartridge not set correctly 1 - (2099). This is the error i'm getting, I replaced the toner cartridge 3 times each time the error appears when the toner is almost empty. The meter count is 38 square feet on the machine. Any help would be appreciated!!!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If one toner bottle is supposed to last approx between 8,000 and 10,000 SF, how have you gone through 3 bottles and only have 38 square feet on the machine?

ssbmi
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry 368 square feet. where the hell is the toner going???? I just installed this machine.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's true that you've already put 3 bottles in with only 368 SF and you are getting a Toner cartridge error, I'm wondering if you toner sensor might be bad or your toner auger motor is constantly running and dumping toner. If you have 3 bottles worth of toner in the dev. unit, I'm sure that this will cause issues. I would take the dev. unit out and remove the toner hopper. I'm betting that the toner section in the dev. unit is going to be overflowing with toner. If it is, I would vacuum the toner out and clean off the toner sensors, then do another "tone up" and keep an ear on the toner auger. I'm going to guess that if all that toner had leaked from the dev. unit, you'd of seen it already. Pop the toner hopper off and let me know what you find?

Or vacuum it down to just about the augers, take the sensors out and clean them, then put it back into the printer without doing the "tone up" and just run it with a full bottle of toner and see if it'll sip out all the toner from the bottle.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dlee is correct.

I have seen toner clumping cause this too. The toner wasn't making it down to the sensor.

ssbmi
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

problem solved!! I replaced the toner sensor, no printer error since.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome...Thanks for the update.

lhendrix
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: 7170 toner set error Reply with quote Back to top

I have also seen this error on a new setup where a pin on the sensor board that reads the Crum chip on the toner bottle was damaged.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had this where when you do a new setup and the toner is not getting into the machine. For some reason when it did its "leveling process " It didnt add enough toner. I resetup the setup procedure in the service menu and it was solved. No replacement of the toner sensor or anything. Just didnt add enough toner for some reaseon. No clumping or excess toner where the inlet is either. Just in case anyone gets this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: