Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

light prints with double image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: light prints with double image Reply with quote Back to top

i have a 7770 that the prints are coming out light almost kind of grainy also it also is printing a repeat ghost image. Machine has about 125000 sq feet. I have cleaned the machine and checked the voltages on the HVT. They are good. they have another 7770 sitting next to it so i have swapped parts. i have swapped the Transfer and charger assy. the developer unit and drum.

any ideas???? HELP

SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: light prints with double image Reply with quote Back to top

Well Kip finally sent me this info. The voltage in the manual says it should read 1.30 volts. I changed voltage to about 0.65v and the prints look great. the Tr. wire hight was set to 12mm already.

Currently there is a misprint in the service manual. The correct Tr. voltage for the 7770 is 0.70v and 0.95v for the 7970. This will be corrected in the next version up of the service manuals, but I don’t have an ETA for that just yet.

For people who are having problems with light prints and repeat image, it is recommended to set the Tr. Wire height to 12mm and the Tr. voltage to 0.50v. This will most likely be published as a Tech Tip in the near future.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for sharing this very helpful info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: