Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

J-107 Jam --- 12" paper every time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: J-107 Jam --- 12" paper every time Reply with quote Back to top

I have a strange problem with a KIP 7100. The plotter jams every time I send a print to the 30" roll ( the longer of the two rolls). It is fine when we send jobs to the 24" roll. I tried switching rolls and spindles and it did not make a difference. I also replaced the transfer wire (just in case) but still no good. The plotter starts feeding the 30" roll and stops seconds later giving me a J107 error. When I lift the clam shell there's paper just before the second sensor and if you measure the cut sheet it is exactly 12" every time it jams. The print never gets to the transfer assembly so it is always a blank. Any ideas??? I am going back in there today to replace the transfer assembly. Could the spindle be sliping in the core?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest you read this before replacing the transfer assembly:

http://www.kipforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=6368

Obviously, the printer is not set to exact, but it probably is trying to print a small sheet on the 30" roll. What's happening is that the paper is too short and as the first set of rollers "push" the paper through, the second set of rollers cannot "catch" the paper because it is too short, hence it being stuck between two rollers.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be the inner transport vacuum blower filter is restricting airflow (never been cleaned). Pull it out and see if it makes a difference. If the problem goes away either leave the filter out or order a new one. While you're at it check the fuser exhaust blowers in the back, these filters clog up as well.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: