Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TDS 600 toner not fused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: TDS 600 toner not fused Reply with quote Back to top

I know nothing about the TDS 600, so when asked to work on one of course I said yes!!

Either way, after a good corona and print head cleaning and general vacuuming, the main complaint of fuzzy print is gone. But if you rub the print with your fingernail it smudges rather easily. At first I figured "of course if you try hard enough it will smudge" but they showed me some old prints and it is most certainly smudging easier. And the toner feels more "raised" on the newer prints. Which leads me to suspect either the heater is not heating enough and I am getting poor fixing or the developer is over toning and laying down more toner than that damm toaster oven can fuse.
Seeing as I know nothing about this thing, I figured I would ask here first before poking around in the heater or attempting to replace developer without a manual.
Any ideas?

And if a manual were to appear in my email, I would deny its existence.

Scott

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: not fully fusing Reply with quote Back to top

Scott,
Are the lamellas in the heater assy dark gray (black) or have they whitened up considerably? At first glance to your post I would think the heater assy needs to be replaced. Another culprit to poor fusing is aftermarket toner. We have had many problems with that.
As to a service manual, you need lotus notes and licenses to access SDS for a developer change.
Greg

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would say they have whitened up, they are most certainly not black. I thought they looked a bit used.
I get them the toner and make sure it is OEM.
And I did not know all the TDS machines needed the Lotus Notes manual, I just thought it was the bigger machines, damm...... I would have liked another T&M account.

Maybe I will try and sell them a Kip.

Thank you!

Scott

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would be glad to help if you want to send me a ticket!

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You just want to get out of the snow in Denver! And I don't blame you, our highs have been in the low 70's. And we are all wearing jackets!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: