Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Oce Tech in Central Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfrepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Oce Tech in Central Florida Reply with quote Back to top

I need some work on a TDS 700 in the Orlando area.

Rick
[email protected]
352-241-7758

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would be glad to help......Little out of my service area though.. :D

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't your state just legalize pot? And you want to leave???
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty funny!
Not my lifestyle though......I prefer a Harley and the open road for my "high"!

cfrepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have no experience with OCE equipment. I have obtained some OCE equipment from an engineering firm that had it in storage. Supposed to have worked when stored.

I have:
1 - TDS 700 - meter 178,xxx
1 - color scanner
1 - B&W scanner
2 - stackers

He also had a TDS 600. I don't know where that is. I believe the 700 was hooked up to the color scanner.

He wants to sell the equipment. I have no experience with Oce equipment (I have Xerox 721's) . I had a former Oce tech come out to check it over. He said it appeared to be in excellent condition (I have a written report I can send). The problem occurred when we turned on the controller. It would not connect with the printer. The tech said that was not unusual and re-installing the software would usually fix the problem or replacing the hard drive. He was unable to do the work because he no longer has a laptop for working on the machine. Do you agree with this assessment?

Another tech said the controller could be sent out for the software installation or drive replacement. Is this a reasonable path to take.

Thanks

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without the ability to connect with a service laptop you're limited to basic maintenance. Unless you have a trained tech charging reasonable rates you may want to reconsider. Parts are another issue.......

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="mark in vegas"]Without the ability to connect with a service laptop you're limited to basic maintenance. Unless you have a trained tech charging reasonable rates you may want to reconsider. Parts are another issue.......[/quote]

Agreed....you need the service laptop to get to the service areas on the controller and machine...
Even if you send out the controller for a software reload, if you have no back-up on the settings, the controller has to be attached to the engine and scanner to get all the settings ready for printing.....
I am suprised there are no independant techs there for you....
There are a few here that will fly there (including me) but that may be more expensive than Oce'....

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you've already closed the deal, unless you're a trained tech, the best course of action might be sell the 700/controller and buy something like a KIP that doesn't require a dedicated print server (controller) running software you are unable to use (SDS). OCE switched over to laptop diagnostic software to limit third party techs from helping people like you.

cfrepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't own the machine, although I was considering keeping it, I want to get it running and sell it. I will get a good commission for handling the sale.

The service issue will likely have me staying with what I have. Thanks for your answers.

I haven't been able to find a tech that doesn't have a terrible reputation or doesn't charge an outrageous fee.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another possibility to look into, broker a deal with Harry (http://www.wideformatengines.com/index.html)
I have no connection with this company but have done business with Harry in the past with great success.

cfrepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually contacted him and found his $3500 number to be unacceptable

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would find that number low myself

cfrepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had one guy value it at 9-10k wholesale and 12-14k retail. It only has 18ok on the meter.

What is your best guess.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't know what the going rate is. Try google or even ebay.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: