Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Service vehicle inventory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Service vehicle inventory Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is an actual recommended parts inventory for your service vehicle. I remember there was a tool list, but I don't recall a car parts list. I've always been successful with having my tools, wires & cleaning products but I need to know if a KIP Recommended "service vehicle inventory" exists.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usualy you can go by past history with KIP machines. It depends on what machine you work on the most. I carry quite a large car stock so I don't have to make so many return trips. I work on majority of the time 3000,3100,7100 and the 8000,9000 machines so my inventory is more towards those machines. The nice thing about KIP machines is that Alot of the parts are the same so you don't have to carry every part. If you let me know what machines you work on the most I will let you know what I carry.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have a mental list of what I need to have on-hand. Basically, we had one incident where one of my techs was a couple hours away and realized he didn't have a corona wire and so now my boss just wants to know if there is a "written" document from KIP of what parts we need in our vehilces.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your boss is right, that's why I probably carry too much stuff. Always have all the maintenance items I need with me. Simple thing like a not having a wire or at least a spool of wire for a backup costs an employer a half a day wages plus gas etc. for a $20 part. Now the tech has to go back. $20 wire ends up costing hundreds of dollars for a return trip. Let me know what machines you work on and I might be able to add afew items to save you some time.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a "small parts" car stock with me like T/S block, gears...but I bring the big stuff when I go to customer site when they call but there is a bad side of this...when I'm already on the road and need a Dev roll as example, I have to go back to site. This happen rarely but it happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: