Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Dots surrounding lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Dots surrounding lines Reply with quote Back to top

I recently reimaged the IPS of a 9000 and it's now at the lastest version of 7.2. (Was at 6.5) Now the image shows clearly defined, random dots around lines on the print. Looks like image breakup but these are dots. These aren't specks or dirt, they are clearly and perfectly defined round dots. It doesn't matter what format the file is in when submitted and the dots show on internally generated test prints. I haven't been able to get KIP support to get past "it's the file" and even sent Pat a hard copy and the file. I intend to check all the voltages and currents (Just CYA) before I return the IPS tp 6.5. However, the only change made to the printer was the IPS software "upgrade" prior to this issue. Anyone seen this before?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you said "internal print", it is from the GUI or from the service mode of the machine itself ??

There is a big difference here. If it's from GUI, that come from the IPS so this is not a good test.

there is a tech tip or bulletin to tell us what are the change of the new software update and one of that are the new dots image added.

Maybe that is your causes ( that was mine ). You have to go in the Print net to adjust to what you want.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sly
What update are you refering to?? I read today that 7.3 is out and since my 9000 is already not working correctly I think I'll go ahead and try that reimage. I will tke a look at Printnet before doing the reimage. Any settings in Printnet I ought to look at in particular?
Thanx

Mark

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since 7.2.280, Kip added 2 Dots enhancement in PrintNet under PDF command ( you'll seen it in winuntd.ini also ). Like you, and for nothing particular, I had to force my machine ( 9000 ) to Dither 75 DPI to print what the machine does BEFORE updating it. I also found that Request 7.2.4 give some problems too with the image print, had to downgrade to Request 7.1. This is the only machine I had to do this.

I also seen the 7.3 version today but be sure of one thing if you want to upgrade, read the tech bulletin...all the Kip folder and file are all moved, so you will problably have to install all customer PC software too and not sure the Kip backup will be good between 7.2 and 7.3. Also, the 5.60 Windows driver wrote in that bulletin is not ready, I mean, it's not available on the net now.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The KIP support guys are hard at work on this. They also told me that the 7.3 update wasn't really meant for the 9000. I will let you know what happens as soon as something happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: