Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

1200 Stacker E-40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: 1200 Stacker E-40 Reply with quote Back to top

:EDIT: This issue was the eprom needs to be KST09

This is behind a 7000. We have an older 1200 that supposedly came from another satellite location working fine on an 8000. I first started by changing the eprom to the KTS08 like the manual says. We have tried EVERY board since they are the same as a 300 and we had one laying around. We even tried putting it behind another 7000 and we get the same E-40 error. This only tells us the issue is in the stacker. We also put the original eprom back in and same issue. I suppose we could try putting it behind one of our 8000's but if it works this won't tell us much. We need it to work on the 7000 for a sale already made.

Any ideas?

Last edited by tcrawford on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked that the height of the stacker is correct so that the send/receive units on the machine and stacker are communicating? Have you tried swapping the send/receive boards in the stacker with a good stacker to make sure they are good?

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Food for thought.....did you tell the Kip 7000 that it had a stacker behind it? I would double check mode 4-31 and make sure it is is set to 01 and not 00

Good Luck
WT

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

9lives wrote:
Have you checked that the height of the stacker is correct so that the send/receive units on the machine and stacker are communicating? Have you tried swapping the send/receive boards in the stacker with a good stacker to make sure they are good?

Thanks for the reply, but no, it is not the height. You can actually have the heights WAY off, not to mention having the printer and the stacker several feet away from each other and they will still communicate.

I edited my post because I found the issue.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

did you change the dip switch (DS201) setting?

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wadetech wrote:
Food for thought.....did you tell the Kip 7000 that it had a stacker behind it? I would double check mode 4-31 and make sure it is is set to 01 and not 00

Good Luck
WT

LOL Laughing

I won't even answer that. Rolling Eyes

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chazbo wrote:
did you change the dip switch (DS201) setting?

Thanks for the reply, I edited my question since I found the issue.

Just for the record the dip switch is for the newer version of PW5420, I have the old one which is the reason I was using the eprom KST08, which I now know the 7000 should be KST09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: