Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9800 not printing to scale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: 9800 not printing to scale. Reply with quote Back to top

I have been fighting this for a week. When I run the 1 to 1 test sheet the line measures 4 mm too short even with the 1 to 1 image length correction at the minimum.
Prints are all to short.
I have replaced the fuser roller, and am waiting for another press roller.
It does pass the pressure roller torque test.
I am out of ideas. Any ideas appreciated.

Scott

bogey0
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scott,

I've seen pressure roller motors cause this issue. Even when they will still pass the torque adjustment. Easy way to rule it out is to remove either the boot or the transmission gear and run some prints. If the problem is in the motor, you'll see your image length move right away. Good luck.

Bobby

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I considered the motor but decided if it passed the test it had to be good. I will try this later today.

Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: