Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Chain Skipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Chain Skipping Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 9000 that occasionally when cutting, the drive chain will skip. I have replaced all the sprockets and the chain. I also replaced the registration clutch. This problem seems to happen every couple of days. When this happens, cut lengths are off and the image will have a smudge on it. I inspected most of the gears and they all appear fine to me. Any thoughts? Also, The machine will make a popping sound when the chain skips.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still need help! Recently, I have replaced drawer 1 and drawer 2 clutches, 2 white gears #3505700030 on the drive side, and the paper feed clutch/brake #7708060030. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you seen the chain jump or are you just hearing what you thing is the chain jumping? When it does do it is the paper cut clean and square? I might look to make sure it not a cutter issue/shock. I would also inspect the back side of where the drive chain is under the plate assy and make sure all the gears back there are working smoothly.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have seen the chain skip. I have already inspected the drive gears behind the chain assembly. I replaced the two listed in my above post. When the skipping happens the paper is not cut evenly and there are image issues, smudging of toner. How do you know if there is cutter shock? I inspected the cutter and it appears fine.

vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

does this do this on all sizes of paper and only on drawer 1 and 2
does it skip intermittently or sound more like a machine gun

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This problem has been solved for now. I tightened the drive chain as tight as it would go. I will post again if this issue returns.

To answer your questions, no machine gun sound and it happens on all drawers. I also swapped cutters, which did not fix the problem. Thanks for everyone's help with this!

vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you might want to check the bushings on the lower roller shaft (roller shaft 2) in the drawers
i have had the oilless bushing seize up on the shaft
a little tri-flow on these bushings works great
let us know if u get this fixed

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I did state in my previous post that it is fixed. It has been a day and half so far and they have been running it hard. If it comes back, I will try your suggestion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: