Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Paper roll backing out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsmith
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Paper roll backing out Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 6000 the 36" roll backs out everytime we put paper in it, no matter what roll deck we choose. A little help would be appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lube the gears on the left side they chatter

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you say all roll decks, are you using the same spindle or changing them with each roll deck. The spindle brake probably requires adjustment.

dsmith
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: 36in backs out Reply with quote Back to top

I even tried changing the spindle as well. Same results the 36in backs out

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: paper backing out Reply with quote Back to top

This issue of unrolling the paper happened to me I would adjustl the brake and it would work for a while then come back.
Replace the roll feed cluch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

try replacing or lubing the middle pressure rollers

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be that guy, but the problem is more then lickly in the spindle. The problem is the core is spinning on the spindle KIP has a very poor design which they modified a little on the 3000. The trained eye can see it. Basically you have make the spindle grab the core better. There are two ways to do this. If it isn't the core slipping on the spindle I have seen that the paper isn't wound tight enough to the core so when it gets close end of the roll the core itself is actually spinning inside the paper. Now I am not claiming that this is a miricle fix, but but it is the most common problem I have seen!

1: Put electrical tape on both sides of spindle near the thumb lever side on the edges to take up any excess woble(not my recomendation)

2: Take the holes for the sliding part of the spindle and slot them about 1.5/2mm bigger (you know the piece that goes back and forth with the spring that has an angle on it to raise the tooth piece) Do this to the aluminum spindle not the steel piece itself. Also you will have to slot the one buy the handle that has the slight curve to it. The goal is to get that arm to have more throw and lift the teeth higher, as much as 2mm. This requires disassemble so try not to lose the little e-clips and washers they are a real B#@$h to find.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: