Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TDS800 Drum Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHardee
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: TDS800 Drum Issue Reply with quote Back to top

We did have a less than reputable service company working on our Oce's for some time and we have now gone self maintained. I have been going through the mountain of neglected machines over the last two weeks and doing greatly needed PM's..

I get to this particular machine and it is over due for a drum and it is getting about 100 spots on the test prints. See them on the drum, can't get them to clear up. So, new drum time..

I start to disassemble to replace and I find the retaining pin for the gear is broken off. Nice, huh? I have devised a rig that I believe has the pin pushed up far enough to remove, but, it hasn't been greased in some time I suppose and it will not budge.

The pin is encased in a brass housing that I guess is pressed in? Would applying some moderate heat via a MAPP torch help? I would love to just pull the pin and it's housing out, get some sort of puller and yank the gear off and replace the pin (if I can find one) or tap, helicoil and replace with a bolt that fits the shaft..

Anyone out there had this experience and seen it come to a good end?

Anxiously awaiting the solution!

MHardee
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK.. 33 views and no replies? I guess nobody has experienced this, huh?

Anyway... thanks in NO SMALL PART to Doug Smith, I have this machine running again.. The old gear evidently had not been greased for some time, probably due to the broken pin.
With a 5-ton puller, some small metal straps to pull against the gear has been removed. UPS dropped off my new one on Friday and it is up and running..

Now, what are the choices for OPC vendors for the TDS800's? Oce? Aftermarket? I need to find sources for drums as we have 5 machines..

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot to Doug for his help..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: