Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 7000 Repeat / Ghost image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
souli7
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Kip 7000 Repeat / Ghost image Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Kip 7000 with 325k, it is reapeating aproximately every 7 3/4, only on the dark areas. I have installed new wires, and adjusted height of wires and voltage, adjusted fuser temp. It is hard to see on most prints so I havent yet been able to catch it on a panic stop. It seems that for something to repeat at a steady interval, that Kip support should know what it is - but they don't have a clue. Please Help

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either your heater roller is dirty or dev roller ios shiny. More often than not on the 7000 I find it is the heater roller. Sometimes it does not look dirty, but causes ghosting

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Brainz is correct. Check the fuser roller. If it is coming from the fuser roller it will be about an 8" repeat. Try wiping the fuser roller with a clean cloth while the roller is hot. If you see toner on the rag, you should replace the fuser roller. Good Luck.

souli7
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies. What do I use to clean the heat roller, is alcohol good? Is it normal for the heat roller to fail after 325K?
If I replace the heat roller do I change the pressure roller with it?
Thanks for the help.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use fuser oil on a rag to clean the roller but it will probably return in a couple of weeks. You will have to replace it if the problem returns. The coating seems to wear down causing toner to stick to the roller. They can fail at 325K if it is a low usage machine or if the fuser temperatures are too low or too high. I would replace the pressure roller if it looks bad or if it shows signs of toner getting embedded into it. If your temps are out of range, you may want to replace the thermistors and thermostat with it.

ubpc
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: fuser oil Reply with quote Back to top

so where do we get fuser oil and does it work on the 6000

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it works on the 6000. I buy Xerox fuser oil. part # 8R79

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: