Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Oce 9400 Firmpack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Napanoid
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Oce 9400 Firmpack Reply with quote Back to top

Any one know where I could get Oce firmpack LV 4.2.x. I am trying to set up Scan to File on a 9400 with a PC running windows XP on it. i am having problems and this pack may solve them. I am using Scan SW 3.3 and the 9400 is running on 3.2 firmware.
Thanks in advance

SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: 4.2 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of problem are you having? will it load ok or will it not connect?
I will look to see if i have a set. Does it need to be postscript? Cost from Oce is $172.02 or $344.04 for postscript.

Napanoid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is such: Everything is fine (all say connected) right upto the point you press the start scan option then it goes from connected to connecting and just idles there. at that point the SCSI is also greyed out (like it isnt there anymore) I have updated the ASPI drivers and am using scan 3.3. I am hoping that this will be a fix...If you can provide please contact ASAP, Postscript would scan to PDF and non would be TIFF correct....I would prefer postscript but either will do.....
Thanks again..

SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: scan to file Reply with quote Back to top

I do have a 4.2 with postscript it will still only scan to file to tiff. $80.00 and its yours. I dont think it will solve your problem. When you boot up the computer the machine and scanner must be on and does it see the SCSI card during boot up? Right after it shows the SCSI card it should show the one for the controller it should say Tandenburg. Also in Machine Monitor under configure-SCSI does it scan for SCSI devices it should show 1 and 4

Napanoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay at boot up it sees the SCSI during bootup. It sees the Tandenburg SCSI and all is well at boot up.In machine monitor it also sees the SCSI and is set for 0 - 4. At this point Scan station shows connected to machine. The problem is when you hit start to begin a job it goes from connected to machine to connecting and idles there. Once it is in connecting mode if you go to machine monitor the SCSI is greyed out like if it is not there. Any adice would be greatly appreciated I am at my wits end with this one. Scan Station 3.5, and 9400 firmware 3.2 I believe..
Thank you sooo much for all of your input bud.......

SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: scan to file Reply with quote Back to top

when you install the scan to file software make sure you are selecting custom setup and select all four options. also when you scan for SCSI devices in machine monitor select the 0-4 and hit enter and reboot the computer.

Napanoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question..Could it be that there is something wrong with the SCSI card in the Oce although it is recognized in dump config and is functional prior to scanning?? Or would it not appear in the dump config if it was bad?

SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: scan to file Reply with quote Back to top

Could be I have had one scan card go bad but i cannot remember if it showed up in the dump config.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: