Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Cut up image... Really need help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Cut up image... Really need help!! Reply with quote Back to top

This is a Kip 6000. Less than a year old. 600DPI. 2050 scsi scanner on it. something happened in the middle of the night. Power outage/surge.

Test Print from front panel of 6000. Perfect.

Direct copy from 2050 Image is there but it's all sliced up and moved around. As if there were 50 cameras and none of them were stiched.

Print from embedded controller is Blank most of the time. Sometimes prints half image.

Scan to file is perfect.

I've replaced the IF board in the upper right corner of the 6000. The one the scanner plugs into. Didn't seem to help much.

Now I'm at the DC Controller. The board is new doesn't seem to work. The front panel lights will not turn on and I can't enter service mode. This new board looks different than the first. Has no eprom chip like the original. Board IS getting power, green led is lit up on it.

Anyone out there know what the heck is going on with this thing. Any ideas would help. THANKS!

GWN
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need to swap the EPROM chip from the old board...

GWN

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neil, that is a good one. I think you are correct in your sequence of troubleshooting. I think it's the same one I would have followed. Is it possible that the DC controller you got was the wrong version? Maybe the ones for the 400dpi and the 600dpi are different? Not sure. There should be no EPROM on the board, just a flash chip like the 8000.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip thinks this board has been burned for a 5000 and that's why it's not working. I can't flash the Old board because the diag. utility wont connect on any port. I think the diag cable may be bad. I'm going to try a different one. I beauty of this whole mess is that the correctly burned 6000 boards are..... say it with me now BACKORDERED.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Makes you wonder if K MArt's common sense is backordered.

No wait, that has been discontinued.

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neil,

Any word from them on an ETA?

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, thanks to Ray Newman (Kip hardware manager) my issue is resolved. He had a theory that there was some sort of digital noise happening around the LED head. After adjusting the charge grounding tab up. (to make better contact with led head) and cutting the zip ties leading to the LED head. It worked! No new parts required.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cudos to Mr Newman. He was and is the best KIP guy I have ever met. Now if he ever decided to go out on his own......well, he would own California.

Hey Ray, wanna partner?

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: No Way!! Reply with quote Back to top

Ray's the BEST,

I actually consider having worked for him, an honor.

He is the best and KIP doesn't realize it.

I'd give my left arm and leg to hook up with him if he left KIP.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could not agree more. I talked to 3 other Kip techs and a different hardware manager before actually getting Ray on the line. Ray broke it down in about 5min and decided he didn't think it was the DC Controller. After taking his advice on the digital noise theory the customer was up and running within minutes.

I am especially thankful because this customer is in Idaho (3.5hr drive from Boise) Not very close to my home in Seattle WA. He saved me a two day trip and the customer a lot of money. It's good to know someone is taking notes when they visit Kip Japan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: