Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

upload/download settings using serial cable to pc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dizzy Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: upload/download settings using serial cable to pc Reply with quote Back to top

I need to replace a DC controller and I have never had to save the settings to my PC. My PC does not have a serial port. Can I use a USB to Serial adapter? Any tips will be appreciated as I am on unfamiliar turf.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've done it. No problem that I know of.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Targus port replicator. It works awesome.

Dizzy Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am still waiting for my DC controller from KIP. It is on back order from Japan. Thanks for the feed back. What is a Targus port replicator?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have rebuilt DC controllers available right away for the 8000 if you are interested.

Call me on my cell 860-395-7942
Steve

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A port replicator attaches to a USB port on a PC or laptop. It contains USB ports, serial and parallel ports, and PS/2 ports for keyboard and mouse. Allows a small laptop or notebook to have access to any device necessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: