Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7170K password required for scanning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: 7170K password required for scanning Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer who last Friday called me and said the machine would not boot up. He was told on the kip help line to do some things, don't exactly know what, but was able to get the machine to boot up. The problem he is having is that when selecting the scan option he is asked for a password. He was told that to solve this he would need to load a patch to the controller. Is this the same as a reload of the software? He was was told that a tech would need to do it. I have done service for him previously on other wide format equip he has had in the past. His current software version is "1.2.5818.21000". Should this media have come with the machine? Is it a dvd, or is it supplied on a usb? If it is a dvd can it be loaded from a usb dvd external drive? Thank you in advance for your help.
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something doesn't sound right.
Is he still able to scan to file? and he just has to enter a password?
What's the password he has to enter? Is the one of the KIP passwords for either service or administrator?
It almost sounds like it has been set up for accounting, which can be set up to ask for a password or maybe the keycodes need t be re-entered possibly.

The current version software is 1.3.16078.1
Version 1.2.5818.21000 is the previous version. There should be a DVD either inside the right hand cover or in the white software case that came with the machine.

The newest software updates can be found in the dealer area of the KIP website. It's just a patch that can be installed via USB drive, but if you have not done a SystemK upgrade it's a little different then the pre-SystemK software upgrade patches.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: 7170K password Reply with quote Back to top

The customer figured out that to get into scanning the admin login is SystemK. Prior to having the controller problem, and currently on our 7770K at the shop no login is required for copy or scan. How can the password requirement be bypassed. Is it an ini file edit or what. Service manual has very little on the controller stuff. Also, I cannot log in as "service" with the password in the manual. Can you give me a service log in? Since we are not kip dealers I do not have access to their site, so where can I get software versions 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3? Our 7770K in the shop still is at 1.0 version.
Thank You
Alan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: