Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

1030 Fade in Middle of Print

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: 1030 Fade in Middle of Print Reply with quote Back to top

Customer with a KIP 1030, not that old and only 30K. New developer, new photoreceptor (staple) new wires and complete PM. Running a 36" wide x 24" 'D' size sheet through the middle 6" - 8" across the whole 36" width is faded. Lead is fine and trail is fine, but middle fades out. Any suggestions?

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Check this also Reply with quote Back to top

jam the machine in the middle of the copy, check for clean removal of print from drum surface. this will let you know if the transfer charge is right or not. If the image is faded on the drum check the developer assy has enough toner and the doctor blade gap is set right. then check the for the image lamp intensity.

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also have the same problem on 2 KIP 1030's.
First 8 inches or so prints GOOD then has deletions mostly on the sides.
I have tried new wires, drum, developer powder, t&s entrance guide height adj.. Adjust lamp intnsity.
Can't resolve the problem. Both machines were fairly new.And the developer "locking plate" was positioned correctly.
Can any one help? Almost seems like a fuser speed problem but it all runs off of one motor?????

jojobutthead
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would check the main charger end blocks and drop the charge down a little. I have had to drop the charge down on just about every reconditioned machine i have done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: