Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Ricoh FW 870 (analog unit) E1 errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Ricoh FW 870 (analog unit) E1 errors Reply with quote Back to top

Intermittent "E1" errors. Exposure lamp abnormal.
I have tried a new exposure lamp, a new light sensor, a lamp power supply board, a new main D.C. controller a new C/B/G power supply
and the problem went away for about 2 months and now its BACK!
Right now you can power off the machine to clear the error but it comes back after the machine sits awhile. Question
Solutions wanted.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Pete, I know nothing about those Ricohs. Any Ricoh guys out there?

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Ricoh Help and Kip Doctors Forgetfullness Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I Can Help !

We have all Ricoh manuals and are certified on the new Digital Stuff from Ricoh.

I hav eonly been Telling Kip Doctor this! Guess He spend too much time in Surgery !!! Ha HA HA. For help on the ricoh please email us a number to reach you. Send it to [email protected]
'
Glad to help

Martin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd look for a short somewhere.
Check the connectors to the lamp.
It might also be a good idea to check all wires going to the lamp and lamp regulator board.
It's possible a wire could get pinched or worn down from opening and closing the clamshell.
I've never seen this issue, but I only have one of these boxes in the field and it is super low volume.
Hope this helps.

Martin

CopyTek
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: E1 Error Reply with quote Back to top

I had battled this in the past once. I found that the left end block that the lamp twists into was cracked. I replaced that end block and problem went away. Just a thought. Good Luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: