Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9400 developer dumping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: 9400 developer dumping Reply with quote Back to top

I have not worked on the 9400 before, but I am always willing to try.

On the left side there is developer on the drum in the paper path and coming out on the prints. Another tech has replaced developer and the drum. I do not know what else he has done, there is not much of a service log.
Sorry to be vague. I am just looking for a starting point.

I hate asking, but a service manual would be great.

Scott

MHardee
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is on the same side as the ASV sensor? (If it's like a 9800/TDS800)? I would suspect the doctor blade in the developer unit. Check it to see if it is allowing an inordinate amount of tonet to build up on the roller. Could simply be too much toner and it's dropping onto the drum..

....or not?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply. I am thoroughly puzzled about this one.

Can I get parts for the developer unit, or is it like the 9800 where the developer is sold as one unit?

I will go look at the developer unit again, dig a bit more into the dev unit. It has to be mechanical, if it was a charge issue it would be pulling developer evenly from side to side, right?

Scott

kh_design
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: developer gears? Reply with quote Back to top

Check the gears on the developer unit and inspect for damage or bind. The two 25/15T gears are connected to the developer assembly spirals. The 25T gear connects to the magnet roll. The developer unit gears can be easily inspected opening the right cover.

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no doctor blade in the developer like the Kip machines.
Most likely it is a gear issue. Check while the macine is running for a "click" or "jump" in the gears. There is a bearing that can freeze up in one of the gears that can cause problems.
If you remove the developer unit you need to make sure the augers are turning as you manually turn the gears.
I have had a gear hollow out and then would not turn the auger shaft.
1 final note... make sure the machine is level....
Greg

kh_design
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: resolved? Reply with quote Back to top

Do you remember way back if you ever got this resolved? Do you remember what the resolution was?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, it was not.
All the gears are good.
Someone suggested shims to push the dev unit away from the drum. It seemed to help, but developer still got on the drum and fell down into the paper path
This was a billable customer and they did not want to spend any more money on it, so I never did get it fixed.

Scott

kh_design
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Separation Current Reply with quote Back to top

I resolved this issue of developer dumping past June.

I wanted to wait a few months before I post this to make sure the developer dumping issue was resolved.

It turns out it was the separation current, SDS 3-02, I maintain three 9400 in my office and one had this issue. I decreased the separation current, SDS 3-02, to -0.75 volts. I know this is out of spec though just keep reading my investigation and solve in the next paragraphs.

The other two 9400 machines are set at the voltage per spec in the tech manual, and they have no developer dumping issue, and so was this machine I was having the developer dumping issue. It was when I noticed the potmeter R80 physical location on the machine I was having the issue with was set very different than the other two machines and then it was also then I noticed I could hear a unusually high static hum on the issue machine.

I turned potmeter R80 to the physical location where the other two machines are and measured the voltage at -0.75 volts. The static hum went away, the paper still separated from the drum, and best of all no more developer dumping. It has been 10 months now and still working great, great prints and no more developer dumping issue.

Last edited by kh_design on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's interesting, I'll file that info away. When I had to work 9400's dumping was almost always caused by some numb nut dumping developer in the toner housing.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

vector-service
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: 9400 dumping toner Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this problem with some 9400 over the years and have tried everything. made sure all charging pots were set to spec but no luck couldn't make the problem go away. suspected to much tranfer current . I think turning down the seperation to lowest point where it still works is a great idea. I know that crackling-static like sound you are refering to and when you here that you know you are going to find 'carrier' developer mix all over the place.

Bill
intern

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Developer Issue Reply with quote Back to top

I am having this issue with a Plot Wave 350 It just dumps developer material onto the Transfer Separation assy and down through the machine and you can hear that static sound when making prints.

Thanks
Bill

caliwidetech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Oce Developer Dumping Reply with quote Back to top

Developer Bias on High voltage board is the culprit.

replace drum, developer, 05B1 sensor on developing house and then High voltage board developer bias adjustment. that will get rid of crunching sound you hear when running a print

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: