Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

tds800 compressor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: tds800 compressor Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys. I noticed the needle on the compressor gauge was at between about 30 to 40. I am pretty sure it should be in the 80's. I felt it and it seemed very hot to me so I opened the top and it had plenty of oil and I was able to turn the center post so I knew it was working. Why can't I turn up the pressure? I am also looking for the large cylinder if anyone has one at a good price.
Thanks,
David

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either a bad compressor or an air leak.

On the 800 steal the plug from the Air Control Valves and plug the compressor.

Watch the gauge while it pumps up. See if it goes to max pressure and if the compressor will turn itself off.

If the compressor won't turn off then let the pressure go as high as it can then turn off the compressor from the top of the Pressure Control Switch on the Compressor.

Then watch the gauge. If the pressure drops you have a leak somewhere on the pump setup.

If the pressure doesn't drop but you never reached maximum pressure where the pump turns off then you have a bad compressor.

If the pump did work normally while plugged you have a leak somewhere down the line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: