Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

HP Designjet 500 killing cyan ink cartridges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arlen
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: HP Designjet 500 killing cyan ink cartridges Reply with quote Back to top

New cartridge will show defective shortly after being installed. Install another one and it will show defective in a day or two. The printer seems to be killing the chip on the ink cartridge. I did a google search for defective cyan cartridge, and have not found a cause or cure. Has anyone seen this or has an idea whats going on?

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ink supply station will kill cartridges.

Rapids
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: hp Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the firmware is up to date. Anything below A:05 I believe will tag any one ink cartridge as bad, even though it's another part that is the issue.
If the firmware is above that version, it will not permanently mark it as bad.

I have had a bad interconnect ribbon cable cause this issue. That is the flat cable that runs between the main PCA and the interconnect board that the front panel plugs into.

Also, I see a lot of error codes that point to one part failing, and that part replacement doesn't fix the error... Take all the printheads out and boot the plotter up. If it gets to the point of asking you for them, without the error, you have a bad printhead....

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with rapids... some of the wiring that utilizes the smart chips on both the printheads and ink cartridges are wired in a series so even though for example the black keeps coming up to replace.... poor contacts at say the yellow cartridge or print head not allowing the signal/voltage to pass to the next in the series.. can be the cause..
also some versions of firmware will give you strange behavior if the firmware on the cartridges or printheads are too many versions apart...for example if you have a prinhead that expired in 2004 mixed with a current one... I have seen this multiple times on 1050 series ...
I recently had a 500 that gave me x's on all cartridges regardless... ink supply station had no effect... the main PCA fixed it even though there was no metion of it in the manual.

I cant tell you how many times I walk into a site that goes through service stations often because they dont realize they need to change the color printheads after a certian point even when printing mainly black and white....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: