Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

8000 printing sets "out of order"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankR
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: 8000 printing sets "out of order" Reply with quote Back to top

Hi KIP Dr. and all,

We have a KIP 8000 in one of our offices that randomly prints submitted jobs out of order. By "out of order" I mean the following: For example, a job is submitted that contains 50 drawings and a request for 10 sets is sent. At some point during after the job begins to print, the sets will print out of order, randomly, not necessarily in reverse order. It may happen at any point, which makes checking the sets extremely difficult.

Our IT person has checked the controller and has confirmed some hard drive issues. Could a failing hard drive cause this? I would tend to think so, even though I would like to not think of computers as "fuzzy"...either it should happen all the time or not at all. The funny thing is, the people operating this machine are the only ones to ever see it happen. Whenever one of our techs is there, the machine prints fine.

Any insight would be most helpful.

Please send any pertinent emails to the following:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks in advance to all.

Frank Rossetti
Dataflow, Inc.
Albany, NY

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Frank, well it's about time you made your first post. HA HA.

I have heard of this happening before, though I don't really know what causes it. I would think that a harddrive cluster or fragmentation problem could be a cause of it. As a test might I suggest putting in the -K statements in the addhpglcmd line, or removing that statement if it is there. The -K make the controller rip the file in RAM instead of on the harddrive. I suppose if those statements are in there and your RAM is flaking out that could cause it also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: