Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanner line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Scanner line Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 9800 scanner giving me a line, scans and copies. Tried cleaning everything - repeatedly. Pretty much at the end of my ideas.
Anyone have any ideas?

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had an issue with a piece of foam that came loose and was across the "window" in the scan head.....I removed the lamp and used a compressor to blow out the gunk.
It took a while, but I finally got it out....
Is it a crisp line or fuzzy?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A bit fuzzy. This scanner has had lines in the past but were usually nice crisp lines. In this case it is a dark gray fuzzy line.

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More than likely a piece of dust or paper.....
I chased it for a while with a good compressor........
I had the covers and top screen off and the scanner top open to get in all the nooks and crannies.
Try that and see if it moves, if it doesn't, you may need to use an inspection mirror at the glass where the line is showing to see if there is something more permanent....
Good luck!
Greg

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go carefully on the compressed air. I did that once, got some crap up in one of the sensors and had a hell of a time getting the scanner to work again. Just drop the glass down and clean it correctly.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good advice Mark!
By the way, thanks for all your help here on the forum!
Greg

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Happy to help, call it karma

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started by gently cleaning the glass, bulb and the glass up inside. That did not help. So I got the air compressor out and went to town. All I accomplished was moving it a little ways. Now it wont go anywhere. I had it as dis-assembled as you can get. At this point I am thinking of removing the scan unit and blowing it out with air with it sitting on the bench.

Don't know if that will help, but at this point it cant hurt much.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At this point you don't have much of a choice. All the years I worked OCE's I never had to pull the scan head, via con Dios my friend.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For reference if the line isn't caused by dust in the bulb area it could be dust shorting the connections of the cameras. If lint is on these connections it can short them out causing this to happen.

Also I have seen on more than one scanner now the Chrome Reflector still has the protective film from manufacturing still on it. Then what happens is as this gets cooked by the lamp over the years the film starts to break down and peel is places. Thereby blocking the path of the image going to the cameras.

You can either replace the whole piece or spend a great deal of time cleaning this off after removing it from the scanner. It's a pain in the ......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: