Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9800 leaving spaces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: 9800 leaving spaces Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
I could really use your help on this one. I just changed the hole cleaners and pressure roller and I still am having the same problem. Problem is it leaves empty spaces along the edge of the print, sometimes completely and other times it just leaves it very light. It will also ghost the image at times. Here is a link to some pictures I took today and dropped them in Photobucket.
http://s1052.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jumeda33/library/9800%20pictures? Hopefully the link will work. I will test it after I post and if it doesn't work, I will try something different. I would really appreciate some help on this one.
Thanks,
David in Fla.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the photos it looks like there's an issue with either the drum, cleaning rolls or the fuser roll. If you didn't wipe the cleaners down with ISO before installing them there may have been something on the rollers that transfered to the drum or fuser roll or both. If those deletions are about 24" apart look at the drum and clean it if necessary. Also make sure the cleaners aren't out of round or that they aren't dented. Sometimes, if the issue is contamination, it's requires pulling everything and wiping them down with alcohol.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Mark,
Thanks for getting back with me. This has been going on for about a month now so we stopped using the machine. I thought it might be rollers so I changed all of them. Fuser cleaner, pressure cleaner, pressure roller itself and cleaned the build roller. All to no avail. I also put in all new torides and bearings. So I guess what I am saying is that it didn't happen just after a roller change. It just decided to start doing it. I would say the spaces are about 7.5 or so inches apart. Also if you notice, the blank part only goes about 6 inches in off the edge of the paper in those spots but prints ok the rest of the way across. Also, did you see how sometimes it is just very light and other times it is gone.
David

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First off 7 1/2 " doesn't match any roller I know of. That doesn't mean much since I have a crappy memory. Could be in the developer housing, the mag roll might match that diameter. Pull the top cover off and turn the mag roll, look for the pattern on the mag roll. Have you changed out the paper roll? Could be a damaged roll from being dropped....BTW what size is the paper?

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The paper is 36". It is so sporatic that it is impossible to get a good read on it. I changed the fuser roller although not with a new one but it did the exact same thing. I changed the discharge pin array because it was also doing the ghost image thing. No change. Some prints are perfect others are not. I thought maybe the fuser temp but I am not sure what the little tag on the ctftempsense is telling me. Here is how it reads: R20: 366.8 then under that it has 201, then under that it has R100: 409. I checked the temps in sds and one is set to 367 but the other is not set to 409 and I am not sure if I should change it. The high setting says the minimum is something like 450. I don't even know if I am on the right track or not. By the way, what is the mag roller you wanted me to check. Not sure what that is.
Thanks for your help as always.
David

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This doesn't have anything to do with temperature. This is a transfer or developement issue, as far as I can tell from pictures. Pull the pressure roll cleaner and try to wiggle the shaft around. Sometimes the cleaners wear out from the inside and the cleaner will wobble causing deletions. Pull the top off the developer housing and make sure the toner is evenly distributed across the housing, look at all the bearings and vacuum the trimmer bar making sure the gap between the bar and roll isn't blocked. If you can't find the cause PM me and we'll try to do this by phone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: