Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

small splotches on copies/prints 9 3/4" from leading ed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ouhippie
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: small splotches on copies/prints 9 3/4" from leading ed Reply with quote Back to top

Strangest problem: small splotches appear on a new 7100 (with 7.4 software); each splotch is no larger than 1/8" tall and 1/16" wide. They are scattered horizontally across the page, exactly 9 3/4" from the leading edge of almost every print or copy or internal test print. The splotches resemble toner dusting. But hard to pin point. Anyone know what might be causing this?

src="http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ouhippie/th_KIP7100issue2_zps1f0f2778.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A repeating pattern would suggest the drum or fuser roll.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are an authorized Kip dealer check out tech tip # TIP – K124 – 022a

It describes the problem you are having.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the transfer support setting is turned on and adjust transfer on timing. until the dots disappear. I think I had to adjust mine up to about 73?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I'll be the first one to ask it. In this field, I've seen lots of unusual stuff and met unusual people, so my question is: Are the blotches horizontal coming out of the printer or horizontal on the drawing? Please understand, this is no insult to you personally but YES, there are people out there that have done this. The repeat would be vertical coming out of the printer, then they would take the paper and turn it right side so that they can read it and notice the blotches going horizontal. Then call me and ask why it is repeating horizontally on their paper. YES, they are out there.

If your blotches were repeating vertically, it definitely looks like two splotches repeated once, in your picture, not 4 splotches. The gap between the second and third splotch are further apart than 1 & 2 and 3 & 4, but 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 look identical, just lighter which would indicate what Mark said, it being drum or fuser roller.

Or I could be totally off my rockers, insulted your intelligence and need my meds.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I try to ask direction of travel. Just assumin' again....I like my meds....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks to me like its trying to copy the seperation corona fingers like the 3000s used to do. The tech tip I mentioned in the earlier post says the 7100s have the same issue and turning on transfer support and corona height, on timing and voltages etc will cure it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: