Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

5mm of Trail Edge Haze

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kansas
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: 5mm of Trail Edge Haze Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting a light grey line along the trail edge...about 5mm width. It's like the issue the 3000s had. The center along the trail looks clean, it gets darker the further to the sides it goes.

I've tryed adjusting dev bias, transfer wire height, transfer and sep off timing...replaced transfer/sep unit. I've taken the settings from a machine that doesn't have this problem and written them into this printer. Cleaned the guides under the dev roller that catch spilled toner. I've reset the regulation roller pressure.

Any ideas?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried fuser speeds?

Also the settings in the touch screen configuration has a button for Image Expansion. I would try that first.

Kansas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried the fuser motor 3rd speed. I couldn't tell from the manual if that was the right one to adjust. It did not help.

I have not tried Image Expansion. I'll try it out and see.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could also try adjusting the trailing margin 002.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One other thing I find that can cause problems on these newer machines is the Density Compensation. I would turn it off to see if that helps too. No. 652

Good Luck

Kansas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Density Compensation has already been turned off. I have tried the Trailing Margin. It doesn't help. The problem will still be visible regardless of how far the actual image is from the trail edge. For instance, the line shows up even when a trim sheet is printed...and that image is several inches from the trail.

I will go and try Image Expansion. Which fuser speed do you suggest changing? Did I do the correct one?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fuser speeds are a crap shoot really. I pull the side cover off and watch the paper go through the T/S area. If it looks like it's pulling the paper too much I slow the fuser speed down a bit. Sometimes you have to drastically change the speed. I would try adjusting speeds 1-3. Not sure if it will fix it but it's worth a try.

Kansas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neither worked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: