Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Brand new developer unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Brand new developer unit Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, i put a new 8000 dev unit from kip in my 8000 about a week and a half ago. after three days of running prints i got washed out prints found that it ran out of toner i put a new toner in and did a (99) tone up ran prints they look good a week later same thing washed out prints did a (99) still washed out prints took out dev unit it has plenty of toner. when i turn the unit by hand you can see the toner moving but the supply roller is NOT supplying toner to the developer roller. i dont want to take it apart because of the warenty thing with kip.
also it has a new drum, all new wires, cleaned led so i know its not any of those. any ideas.

thanks for the input

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you turn it by hand is the supply roller turning? Also you might want to check the bias pins that the developer make contact with when you push the process unit into the machine. I have seen the housings on the pins break and cause a loss of dev. Bias. If that's okay return the thing to KIP and have them send you a new one. For what they charge for those things let them figure it out.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

make sure the paddles in the dev unit are turning also. I have seen the bushings broken even on new dev units and then the paddles dont turn and wipe the face of the sensor.

And why oh why did you buy a new unit from KIP when the doc sells fully refurbed units for much less?

foustd
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest changing out the Toner sensor. I also suggest checking the developer post on the inside of the machine. they may have lost contact.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: