Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Dev unit differences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Dev unit differences Reply with quote Back to top

what are the differences between the 9000 and 9900 dev units
haven't seen the 9900 yet

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure of the differences since I don't have any 9000s. I do know Kip had a tech come out to install a new style developer unit in our 9900 from the one that came with it that has different spring pressure and they virtually reversed every bias type voltage to accommodate the new DV unit. The original service manuals for adjusting the 9900 voltages are now out dated. It is my understanding that every 9900 Kip sold got this new style developer unit.

vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just curious
i still have problems with the 9000 dev unit wearing on the right side about 1/3 of the way in, even though they are the latest version
and other units have had the upgrade done.
Thanks
looks like most of the parts are the same according to the parts manual, was just wondering what the major difference is.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My original 9900 developer unit was at the point I had to scrub it every 100k square feet and it was always the right side of the DV roller that was the problem. The new modified dv doesn't seem to have that problem, I'm not sure if the spring tension change has anything to do with that. Hopefully someone that has both 9000s and 9900s can give you the info you are asking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: