Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

xerox 6050

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: xerox 6050 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 6050 where i am getting squeaking noise from the fuser are i found a tip from xerox where it says to grease clips on roller i did that and also replaced clips, bearing and gears but i am still getting a squeaking noise i am not sure what else it could be any help would be appreciated.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just went through this same issue myself a few months ago and found it was actually caused by one of the guides resonating...I cant remember if it was the one with the pressure roller stripper fingers or not... I had some squealing from the pressure roller as well which replacing the bearings and greasing helped resolve.... (I kept trying to lubricate it without disassembling and cleaning everything and that didnt work at all.)
The sqealing the machine does when indexing the pressure roller to prevent flat spots while cold is common because of expansion and contraction of the components at different temps causes them to wear against each other differently when cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: