Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Intermittent E-1114

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Intermittent E-1114 Reply with quote Back to top

Code popped couple days ago, middle afternoon. Room is around 76 degrees, moderate humidity. (It's 100+ here). They tried everything to resolve it. Letting it sit for an hour, they got another 50 prints before it started throwing the code again. I wasn't able to respond until the early morning the next day. When I got there, they were in the middle of a 300 print 24x24 run. I stayed for the entire run and it didn't code out.
Anyone ever heard of a thermal problem with I/O-B board or the transport motor?
Machine has 765,000 sq feet.

TIA

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are the components in a place (not trained on this unit) where you can leave a cover off while running? If so, when it throws the code have the customer use canned air on one, PCB or motor, to see if that will clear the code. It's pretty basic but if the problem is heat related that may help expose the weak part. If it isn't heat related, Al Gore will show up on your doorstep for depleting the ozone layer........
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought about that. The operator of the machine, is pretty "tech savy", so that is an option I'm exploring. I haven't heard from them in 3/4 of a day, and it's hotter now than it was when it threw the code. I'm one of those let sleeping dogs lie types and as long as it is functioning, I'm leaving it alone for now.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you ever find out what was causing the E-1114? I got this error; checked the book, ran the motor in service mode. Ran it, and it ran a few prints then errored out again. I'm trying to get a job out, so every time the error occurs, I clear the jam and restart it and it runs for a while. Last run printed almost 100 sheets before error. I did, however, took the cover off the back side of the transport section of 1 to watch the motor but I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the motor itself.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No I didn't, but, the problem went away. They retired the 80 in November 13, and got a C7800, but kept the 80 as a "backup".

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply. I blew some air into the opposite side where the photo interrupter sensor was for the Transport Unit 1 and ran the rest of the prints last night, which was about 100 30x42 and it's been holding stable this morning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: