Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

drive chain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: drive chain Reply with quote Back to top

should the drive chain on the 9000's or 8000's be lubricated? If so, what does anyone recommend

Thanks

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just use turbine oil and wipe off the extra. But I have considered pulling the chain, so to speak, to use motorcycle chain lube then wiping the excess off. Either way the lube on the outside chain does nothing to lubricate the drive......
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hate to ask, but where could turbine oil be purchased
thanks again

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sears used to carry it. Bluelake Products (online) has it. Most real hardware stores I've been in sell it. I checked the bottle I have and it looks like they have renamed it to "Zoom Spout Oiler". Google that name or part number 79704g or get it here....http://www.zoomspoutoiler.com/

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use a product that we also use on our "Motorcyle Chains" called Chain Wax. It is a chain lube that goes on wet then has a waxy outer film so it doesn't fling off or make a mess.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used "Moovit" oil, it doesn't smell anything even if it's put in the fixing...I thing it's from Densi.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll look at both of those products, always open to new and better ideas.

vi08
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all the great info

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like chain wax is based on parafin. Back in the day we used to remove the chain (bike) and dip it in hot parafin, wipe it off and reinstall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: