Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Xerox 510 wide format only as printer! is a problem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Xerox 510 wide format only as printer! is a problem! Reply with quote Back to top

The machine does not give me option to photocopy only as printer. The panel comes
March 22, 2004 release day
SE: OK

and does not leave the panel ready (does not load the system as it should be). Please I need help to solve this problem. I would appreciate suggestions to solve it.

Andrea

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With the 510 system, the scanner MUST be turned on first and allowed to come to the condition of "Set OK", or the two segment display at the lower rear of the scanner indicates "P." Then the 510 and the external controller can be switched on. I hope that this helps.

Alan
Triangle Blueprints

anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Xerox 510 wide format only as printer! is a problem! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!, thanks for your answer!!!... we tried this, but nothing!, we believe that something has been able to unconfigure a driver or has expired. If you could take a look at this is the configuration of the webPMT, I would greatly appreciate!!!:

Feature configuration
AccXES Features
Name Installed State Notes
PostScript Not Present Disabled
Accounting Not Present Disabled
Versatec Raster Formats Present Enabled
VCGL Present Enabled
CGM Present Enabled
Scan to Print Not Present Disabled
Scan to Net Present Enabled
Disk Overwrite Not Present Disabled
Print Activation Present Enabled
Copy Activation Present Enabled

Printer Features
Name Installed State Notes
Speed 7D Present Enabled
Speed 10D Not Present Disabled
Drawer 2 Present Enabled
Drawer 3 Not Present Disabled

Network TCP/IP
TCP/IP
DHCP enable (is NOT marked) RARP/BOOTP enable (is NOT marked)

NetMask: 255 . 255 . 255 . 0
Ethernet TCP/IP Address: 192 . 168 . 1 . 61
Ethernet TCP/IP Gateway: 192 . 168 . 1 . 61

UTILITIES
Configuration
Controller Version 10.3.3 build 106
BSP Version HFT_4b410
Active User Setup 0
Hard Drive Present (19092 MB)
Memory(megabytes) 128
Advanced Network Address 00:00:AA:59:68:65
Advanced Network Status READY
Key Install Key(KIK) 75C-F0-F00-69D-34-B11
Scanner Type NONE
Scanner HW Address None
Scanner Version None
IOT HW Address 00:01:00:01:00:67
IOT Version 03.06.00-16

PRINTER SETUP (miscellaneus)
Toner Density: 5

Printer Language: US ENGLISH

Error Page: NONE

Active User Setup: 0

Single Page Job ROLL 36 IN

Banner Page Enabled (is NOT marked) BEFORE JOB

Diagnostic Page (is NOT marked)

Store Error Log on Disk (is marked)

DDS Enabled (is marked)

A: Area Media Usage: 931625
B: Linear Media Usage: 321201

Plot Nesting
Enabled (is NOT marked)

Exclusive (is marked)

Timeout: 5 seconds (5-300)

Margins: 0 mm

Nesting Length: 60.96 cm

Accounting Status
Machine Name 00-00-AA-59-68

EAS Linked Off
Disk Used (%) 5
Records Limit 15000
Records Count 0

Job Accounting Database
Database Status Valid
Backup Status Not Present

Accounting MODE

Disabled (is marked)
Enabled (is NOT marked)
Optional (is NOT marked)

In advance, thanks for your help and for your attention!!! Smile

Andrea

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see from your printout that under the "Features configuration" heading, "Scan to Print is marked as not present/disabled, and under the "Utilities" heading "Scanner" is indicated as none.

Have you tried re-loading the controller software? As best as I recall, the "Scan to Print" is a feature that is activated after installing the controller software, but is not a feature you have to purchase. If You do not have the software disks to reload the software, I believe it is still available from Xerox.com

Good Luck
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Xerox 510 wide format only as printer! is a problem! Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read everything!, Yes!, Scan to Print is marked as not present / disabled and under "Utilities" / "Scanner" is Indicated as none, that we are concerned ... but one question, how I reload the driver software?, I can not do that!, please can you explain that?... thank you very much!!!...

Andrea Smile

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The software file for the controller can be uploaded to the controller via the web pmt. When you download the controller file from xerox it will also have a readme file detailing how to update the controller via the web pmt.

Good Luck
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Xerox 510 wide format only as printer! is a problem! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!, uhmmm I still have the same problem, I tried update the controller via the web pmt, but nothing!... I don't know the solution for this problem... Thanks for your help anyway!

Andrea Smile

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrea:
Did you ever get this problem figured out? If so, what was it? Just a dumb question, you do have a firewire cable connected from the scanner to the controller?
Alan

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I realize this is an old thread but I just wanted to clarify for anyone else reading this... the scan to print license is not needed for the scanner to scan to file or to make copies.... the copy feature is standard with the os license and the scan to net key enables the scan to file option...Scan to print enabled a feature to scan a set to file and print a copy at the same time (It was rarely purchased and I've never seen it used)
If the scanner just sits there in set ok mode even if the controller was booted up after the "set ok" comes up on the scanner screen and the firewire cable is ok and connected then you likely have a bad firewire port on the scanner main board which is something I myself have seen 3 times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: