Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip7000 Slow Printing with PDF and other bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgtcobra
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Kip7000 Slow Printing with PDF and other bugs Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody
Sorry for my english

I have a new kip7000 since december 2009 for replace my older kip6000

I have 2 issue with this Kip

1: Very slow printing with a PDF and external sorftware print connection..
i have try a Kip GL and Kip Script .. both no result ... 10-15 minute for a one A0
my older 6000 is very very faster..

I have a last drivers intall on a new print server (no older drivers and kip monitor is installed on this server)

And the computer in the kip is a slow Celeron .. the taskmanager is cpu 100% process when the job is slow

2:When the kip7000 print a job and is need a replacement of paper , when a install a new roll , the kip7000 do not print and i say * need a 34 roll media type : 0 .... i need to restart de kip and is ok...

THank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Are you sure you are using the same PDF files from the 6000 printer? Do you know what version unattend was running on the old 6000? What version unattend is running on the new 7000?

You could try using Printnet to change the Postscript processing ”No Transparency” on or off.

A last resort is to try ghost the IPS using a DVD.

pgtcobra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

My Kip7000 is a V7 with a v3.55 windows drivers on windows 2003 64bits

My old kip is a 6.5

i Don't have my old kip because is sold

I have over 300 people print on this kip and the pdf work very well with the old kip

PDF with Request is ok but the external software dont permiss to save pdf on local disk

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the file gets to the controller then hangs up try using Printnet to change the Postscript processing ”No Transparency” on or off.

Open a web browser and type in the ip address of the kip controller. Login with admin and kip for the username and password. Then go to the settings "Gear Icon" and try changing ”No Transparency” on or off.

pgtcobra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody

After fiew test etc

When i print a PDF with Request with original size (36x48) pdf , is ok .. 40-57 secondes for print

But when i print the same PDF with Request and i send it at 34x48 (resize) , over 18 minutes for processing , pscript.exe is 100% cpu load...

I have replace this Pscript.exe on the C:\Programs\DS\ folder with my OLD Pscript.exe on my kip6000 (V6.2.5) and i have send this pdf resize 34x48 and now , 2 minutes 52 for the processing...

So version 7.0 is not overall tested be kip?? or the 1.6GHz Celeron is not enough.
Is it possible to Insall Pentium Dual Core for better performance?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know there was a "bad" pscript version (think it was 1.8.63.1).

You can try a newer version.

pgtcobra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HI Slyman

DO you speak french?

I have try a pscript 1.8.64.0 and not change.. I have try itoo another Kip controler from kipamerica With my dealer

The fastest version I tested was the 1.0.0.9 from my old kip6000

More than 5-8 minutes with version 1.8.64.0 with 100% CPU
Approximately 2.55 minutes with version 1.0.0.9 (40-50% cpu)
With the same PDF

We must specify that the problem occurs when you send a PDF with REQUEST changing the paper size (36x48) to (34x44) or other size

IF you send the same PDF as original, 40 seconds

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I speak french pgtcobra but I prefer to write in english to help everyone on this site. If you don't understand something in english, I will write in french for you and translate for everyones.

There is a new Pscript file 1.8.70.6.

I'll try to send you the file through your message mail in this forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: