Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 1880 Light prints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: KIP 1880 Light prints. Reply with quote Back to top

I am having this problem with a 1880 where deletions on prints are only on half tone or light line drawings. It is mostly on elevations that i get deletions on the page.

Things i have tried.....
1. replaced main charge and Transfer/ sep wires.
2. adjusted photo conductive cleaing blade.
3. replaced Spring on cleaning blade.
4. checked toner on supply roller and was good.
5. Made several basic image adjustments.
6. Cleaned Solfoc Lense
7. cleaned scanner lense and bulb
8. replaced transfer sep unit with new one.

Just wondering if this could be a fuser problem because that is the only thing i have not touched.

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How much life is on the drum?

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is probably a lot. I have not changed it ever since the customer has had this machine. It looks ok though. Does that matter? I mean usually u will see buildup of something right?

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to check the developer mag roller. Make sure it is clean, if necessary remove it and clean it with acetone. Adjust the developer doctor blage to .203 mm with a feeler guage. Too much or too little toner on the roller can cause this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: