Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Gray trailing edge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Gray trailing edge Reply with quote Back to top

I just installed a brand new 2203 system and the prints are coming out with a gray trailing edge. The rest of the print looks great. It starts at the point where the transfer charge is turned off.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you get that for no additional charge with the 2000. I have seen it before, lots of things can cause it. Just for the heck of it change the paper and see if it gets better. If not, you will want to look at the transfer guide plate height as one possible cause. Could be a developer issue with the scraper blade. Check the KIP web site for TB's. I remember a few that they put out that pretty much did nothing. But you may want to check them for piece of mind.

Good luck.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I told Kip I didn't want the gray band option!!

Seriously, is this a problem that is resolvable? I ask this because I have a total of two 2000's and they both give me the same problem.

If it is a scraper blade problem, will I see toner on the regulation roller? What should I do with the transfer guide, lower it?
If I look at the drum at an angle, I can see a haze of toner on the drum in the area that this band is the worst, which is more or less in the middle, is this haze normal?
Kip told me to back off the pressure on the regulation roller about halfway and make sure that the bracket that loads the spring for the wheels in the center of the reg. roller was adjusted forward as far as possible, which may have helped a little, but not really.

Switching paper did not help, neither did Kip's TB's.

Thanks,

Scott

rico
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its a combonation of corona, bias, and motor speed. Service mode 23=0.55
25=0.75
26=70
28=65
2a=A8
2b=00
You should see some good results.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rico,

Thanks, didn't totally eliminate the problem, but it is almost gone!

Thanks again,

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good call Rico. nice job

rico
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks doc, but cant take credit for solution. Had some help from K-mart on that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: