Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

How do you know what scanner you have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jm
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: How do you know what scanner you have. Reply with quote Back to top

I went to a customer and he asked me if his scanner was a 2080 or 2050 scanner. On the kip Scan software it says 2050 but on the front panel it says 2080. Is there a way to find out? I am not trained on this scanner so I have no clue.

Thanks

jduggan
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: scanner Reply with quote Back to top

Jm
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I guess that was easy enough.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to throw a wrench into your theory, but it is possible to have the scanner have a nameplate that says 2050 and in actuallity the scanner is a 2080. We have a process that can convert a 2050 scanner to a 2080 scanner. KIP used to charge about $3000 more for a 2080. We fiqured out what they changed and have been doing this as a service for some customers. We only charge $699 for this. It does not matter what the KIP scanning software says at the top of the screen, it reads the information on speed directly from the scanner. The only real way to tell what scanner it is, is to look at backup data address #300.
0 is 2050, 1 is 2080, 2 is 2120, and 3 is 2160. And no, to answer the inevitable question, you can not just change the back up data address and upgrade your own scanner. There are hardware changes that must be made. This why we must have the main drive motor sent to us for the conversion. Antd this only works for the 2050 to 2080. You can not go higher up to a 2120 or 2160. The are major board changes at that level.

jduggan
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: scanner type Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected.
Most of the time though the nameplate is correct on the scanner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: