Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

8mm haze at end on all prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: 8mm haze at end on all prints Reply with quote Back to top

i have a kip 3000 that will leave a 8 mm haze on the trail edge of all prints even internal test prints.has lastest firmware.has anyone seen this and know of a solution?transfer adjustment? thanks for any info.

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had this happen recently. I adjusted the transfer off timing and it cleared the problem up. There might be a better way but this worked for me.

Jay

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Read KIP TB-K105-033a regarding this issue. There is a kit for it

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the tech bulletin, but doesn't it piss anyone else off that dealers or customers have to eat the cost of a machine defect? When the fuser drive gears failed KIP sent out kits for free. I got 12 for free. I guess T/S assemblys eat into too much of their revenue. Just curious on others opinions.

Jay

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know brudah but somebody has to make money and they are one of them. The cost of this kit is nothing comparing to the 5000 dev upgrade kit. Somebody has to call KIP and scream at them but that won't be me.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What pisses me off is the fuser drive gear kits that they sent out are worse than the original shaft and bearing. We have spent more time going around replacing the shaft and bearings now than we ever did before. Thanks KIP. Way to test stuff out...

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what one of their top gun said to me when he came came to our small village, he said that there is an internal tech bulletin regarding a new
fuser gear for the 3000 metal maybe? Haven't seen it yet. By the way I installed another TE enhancement kit today and it works great.If the fw ver is 105X0A or older you need to install the wiring harness that comes wirh the kit aside from the EPROM ver 105X13B and TS assembly. I compared the new and the original TS assy and I didn't see any difference between the two. So I'm guessing that If you have the EPROM newer than the 105X8A you don't have to buy the whole kit just the EPROM 105X13B. The new EPROM changes the T/S default voltages (higher) and it also adds 9 new settings, 6 settings on TE transfer voltage and 3 on TE fuser mtr speed.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A minor difference is the height of the wires from the factory. The main difference between the old and the new is the mylar strips on the inside of the T/S assembly. The strips have been repositioned for a better charge.

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have a good pair of eyes. I didn't see that, good to know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: