Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

HP designjet 820 mfp questions..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: HP designjet 820 mfp questions.. Reply with quote Back to top

We just installed one of these and I notice that there are differences between it and the 815's we installed in the past...
1. the window key does not work to enact the start menu at the bottom of the interface.
2. the exit options do not allow for a release to the OS.

How do I get into the os to configure the network?
HP doesn't have free tech support to VIP's through the 800 number so I am looking for some answers here... Let me know..

Mark
[email protected]

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no way to operate the EX embedded os with this system. The only standard keystroke I could get to work was "alt-F4" to close the hp interface, but that only took me to a blank screen. (cntrl/alt/del takes tou to the task manager, but the only option available is "shut down") In talking with HP, there is a way to configure the network settings for ip and subnet, but there is no way to map a drive to the touchscreen computer. HP emailed me a procedure for scaning to the network that has you 1. map a drive on the touchscreen conputer to the server, then 2. create a batch file to copy files from that drive to a network drive, then 3. set up a scheduled task to allow that process to execute at a given time interval, then 4. set up another batch file / scheduled task to delete old files... As far as I know this is the only way to do it other than scanning to a jump drive (not tested)...

For a 25k machine, not a lot of flexibility... product not reccomended.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

version 13 and 14 firmware/software updates allow you to scan to a network drive. Hope this helps

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you be more specific? Where can I get this software? I know you could load the os on the 815 and run the scan software ontop of it and allow network scanning... I call HP and they tell me what your saying is not possible.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HP Online has the software CD you require. Version 14 allows you scan to network drivers. Not available through partsurfer. Look for 815 firmware CD in HP.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: