Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanning scale on Kip 7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LRodgers
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Scanning scale on Kip 7000 Reply with quote Back to top

We recently got a Kip 7000. I expected a break in period but it is getting
lengthy. My recent problem has to do with scan to copy and doing a
50% reduction. I have worked with plotters and other large format
printers with out problem. I was shocked to find that it is a problem on this machine. All the printers I have used plotted inked area. Kip has
no means of printing inked area, only the sheet size. We have the machine
set to run exact size because when we run 20 set of 30 sheets the printer
continues to print on any size paper if it runs out of the appropriate
size paper. The tech tells me that is one of our problems that comes from setting the printer to exact when reducing a print. I had a print on 22" paper and I want to reduce the image by 50%. The actual size of the image is 11" by 18" on one side of the paper, which I wanted to make
5.5" by 9". When I tried to print at reduction 50% or even 25% the copy
I got was and image at 10" by 17" hardly the 50% I was looking for. Is there someone that knows a work around for this. We have always been
able to do this easily on our old printer. I was told Kip was one of the most advance system out there. How can this be if it can't do the simpliest of tasks.

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem.

LRodgers

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you use the Force Size option in Request it will only print to the width paper that you select for that size...

LRodgers
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I will try that.
LRodgers

LRodgers
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CJ,

Thanks your recommendation to force to size did work but seems rather comberson. It is a two step process scan to file and then copy file to scale.
Why is there a scale - enlarge and reduce option in scan software
if you can't use it? Our old Xerox didn't have two programs to run it. You just put in the percentage you wanted on the scanner and then just scanned it. I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.

Is there another way to do this?

LRodgers

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lrodgers,

I would suggest getting a trainer or advanced technician in there that can help you with your issues. From the sounds of it, you are having multiple issues and just need to be taught a new way of doing things. There are many different ways to do things with the KIP software and they should be supported by the dealer you bought it from. If not, maybe a call to KIP support could help you too.

Best of Luck

LRodgers
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well that is reasonable suggestion but I have had the dealer tech out at least six times or more for training and such but these issues keep coming up that were easily accomplished on our old xero. Now all I get is you can't do that or why do you want to do that. He is scheduled to come in Wedneday of this week. They are complaining to me now that they have never had so many issues with a client before. We are an engineering company and scale is a big issue. So when someone tells me to print to best fit my hair stands on end. I told them that our office is not unique and these are issues that must have come up before. Perhaps other clients got information from other places. The manual I printed out is not very well written I think it was done by the government. If you know of a support line I would love to know about it. So far I have not been able to find anyone but you or the dealer who obviously isn't very helpful.

Thanks
LRodgers

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can probably help you. But I need to know exactly what configuration you're running there. Do you have the new style 7000? If so, what scanner is on it?

If you have the old style 7000. Same question. What scanner is on it?

I have a feeling that if you're using the old style scanner (2050, 2080, 2120, 2160, 2200) you could probably use the Copy Maker software to do the stuff you're talking about. Comes free, part of the Kip Scan 6 install.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

LRodgers
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you I could use the help. We purchased a new Kip 7000 about two months ago. Request gives this information -Production Station version 1.2.42 firm ware K-98 1.30 Printer EPROM R103x01B. Kip Scanner 2100
Request REV 6.5.20 it is a color scanner. I have to assume that the printer is the new style 7000 but customers are at the mercy of the
dealer to know what is the latest greatest. There was very little paper work given with the machine. Other than what was on the CD and a setup
manual for printer and scanner there isn't any other reference material.
The CD manual prints out gibberish on our photocoper and seems to be
in a standard government issue format making it hard to find things if I could even read it. I think I have explained our needs but if not complete
let me know.

LRodgers

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so it sounds like you have the new 7000 with the 2100 scanner hooked up to a PC. It also sounds like you're making copies using the Kip Production software. That's fine except you can't make copies using Force Size schemes.

You should close the Kip Production software and install the Kip Scan 6 program. (download at www.kipamerica.com) The Kip Scan 6 install will also install a program called Copy Maker. This Copy Maker software allows you to make a copy using a Force Size scheme. The Force Size schemes that show up in Copy Maker are the same ones used by Kip Request 6. So you could create any number of custom paper sizes and then access them when you're making a copy.

For instance....

You have a 36x24 that you'd like to reduce 50%

Rather than just selecting the 50% scale factor you can select a Force Size scheme like "18x12 - 50 Percent" This will ensure the image is reduced exactly 50% and printed on the 18in roll 12in long.

Open Copy Maker... Create a new Job.... Enter accouting info if needed... Click "Auto Mode" to start scanning your originals.... Tell it how many copies/sets... Then select the Enlarge/Reduce scheme you want.... Click "Print Sets"

Note: "Force Size" Scheme and "Enlarge/Reduce" Scheme are the same thing.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

LRodgers
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks so much. That sounds great I will do that today and see how it
goes.

Thanks again.

LRodgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: