Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner light goes on but not really out of toner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Toner light goes on but not really out of toner. Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer that says there out of toner light comes on......and when they go to remove the cartridge.......it still has plenty of toner in it.
Is it necessaary to clean those 3 photointerrupters under the black plastic cover?? I have done this twice now and it appears to work while checking it out. The whole mechanisim seems very touchy and the LED lights do not react very fast to the weight of the cartridge.
Any Tips ????????

KIP VADAR
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too have the same problem... and sometimes the toner gets low and the customer has to turn the bottle by hand.. I did the supply motor and sensor with no luck.

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had a similar problem till we discovered one of our operators was not setting the screw at the end of the toner bottle properly in the corresponding slot on the hopper. Toner was accumulating under the sensor arm giving a false empty reading. Had them place the toner properly and made sure we kept the area under the toner bottle clean and havent had the problem in a few months...

KIP VADAR
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in my case toner is loaded fine

kipman
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

had same problem on 2 7000's I took the scale apart on the tonner hopper were the 3 sensors or on the left side and removeved the spring and cut 3 coils off of it then stretched it out to make the spring the same length it was. This made it weaker never had another problem. try vacuuming first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: