Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 9900
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: KIP 9900 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone placed one yet and if so, how is it running?
We placed a couple of 9000's and they are just a handful.
I'm going to go talk to a customer about a 9900 and I'm just wondering if I'm getting myself in trouble.
Thanks.

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP 9900? An absolute beast. Love it. I didn't think they could redeem themselves after the 9000, but they have.

MadCopy
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: 9900 Reply with quote Back to top

What benefits do you see in the 9900 vs 9000 besides developer issues? is it totaly a rebuilt design? Has anyone used the 2300 scanner also?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's wait for a review of the 9900 from a Repro shop that beats the hell out it.

Anyone..........., anyone...................., Bueller...............?

I looked at the 9900 parts manual. The developer unit looks identical to the 9000. If this is true, watch out.

amandadesigner
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the shades look good on it so far, but I've had a few issues with the 9900, mostly small annoyances. At the end of the roll the paper sometimes wringles. Also some greys in patterns don't print so well but this could be the file because the majority are fine. So far overall though its working out better than the 8000 and think its a bit faster.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our print division is likely going to get a 9900. Before this is final, I was hoping to get some more opinions of this machine.

Regardless of opinions, we have to replace a 9800. I don't see any possibility of another Oce. Not if I have any say in the matter.

We looked at it in Irvine this week, I liked it. The grays were much better than the 8000, closer to the 3100's. The solid blacks were not the best, sort of a over toned, developer needs serviced "scalloped" look. I suspect it was more a result of a bunch of training classes screwing the machine up than any real flaw. Can anyone confirm the quality of the solids?

Scott

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a repro shop that is a couple hours away. They're not a regular customer of mine. They recently bought a 9900 and just called me last week on how to replenish a new dev. unit that they recieved under warranty. Didn't get much info from them other than that...

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is not terribly comforting, considering the 9900 I saw had Dev unit issues. We shall see.

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I installed two of this awesome machine just recently and after about 25K sqft developer needs to be cleaned already. I had someone from KIP come up and look at it but there is no permanent solution to the issue. His suggestion was to have a spare dev. unit and swap it as needed, bring back the bad one to the shop clean and get it ready for the next service call, looking at about 2 to 3 weeks interval. According to him the Japs engineers are looking into this and hoping that they will come up with a miracle solution in the near future. They've been working on this issue since the KIP9000. Customers are not very happy with the KIP 9900 right now, they want to send back the machine to KIP and have them deal with it. This KIP 9900 is a big BS....why did they release it to the market if they knew that there is an issue with the developer. I am a big fan of KIP product but not on this one and the 9000.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The doc warned you about this machine and it's inherent developer issues.
Oh how I long for the days of a quality KIP product like the 8000. Those were the good old days. Scoop up any decent used ones that you can find. I know I am.

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only good thing about the kIP 9000 and 9900 is it keeps me employed.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We should open a new tread for this dev issue !!! but anyway, I just want to let you know that I have 2 9000's machine on the field with over 2m. sqf on it and since I replaced the dev unit modification, I had to replace the dev roller only one time on each machine. The dev unit modif. was replaced at about 50k sfq.

So I thing mine works fine....but you know what ? The big difference between 8000 and 9000 is the density control...they are all off on mine since I replaced the dev. modif.

The machine is a little bit dirtiest than the 8000 but never like if the density control is on.

Hope this will help !!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Give me a 9800 anyday. Not the most up to date but much more reliable than any of these KIPs. And cheaper to run in a production environment. I've been in the business since 1973 and I've seen my share of bad ideas and most of them were from Japan. I'll give you that OCE's software blows but for the most part, if you're a decent technician your life is much simplier with wide format from OCE. Having said that I think the 3100 is perfect as a walk up plotter. No, I don't work for OCE, I retired after 30 with Xerox and got caught up in wide format. Don't mean to offend but it is what it am........
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OCE' plotters are like the TV commercial about a rotteserie " Set It and forget it".

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They use to be.
The TDS400 and TDS600 were the most reliable machines out there.
But they no longer exist.
The TDS700 and the PW300 have just as many issues as the KIP's, Ricoh's, and Xerox's. (we service them all)
The KIP 8000 was a better machine then the 9800 hands down, but the 9000 and the 9900......The model numbers might be going up, but the reliability is going down.
KIP will place them because they make a better quility print then the TDS800, and let's face it KIP software is just the best.
Just place the 9900 and hire another tech.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: