Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9000 Dev Unit Issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Atkins
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: 9000 Dev Unit Issues Reply with quote Back to top

We've got a ne w design kip 9000. I'm having dev unit issues and suspected it was just the same old problem with the sensor but this one has a different design sensor that just looks like a plain old optical eye. I'm getting light copies on the right hand side faceing the front of the machine. I feel certain it is the dev. roller. Black--- to light black to black... throughout the tittle block of prints.... any help or ideas???? thanks fellas.

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

have you pulled out the new sensor to look at it?

the spring can break and because of this KIP is sending out a new sensor to all 9000 out there.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

9000 Developer units are the worst thing I have seen come out of KIP since the 9010.

Please see this post for more info.

http://www.kipforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=3005

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think that post will help him at all with the issue he is having.

Alex Atkins
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well see fellas.... the newer dev. units don't even have that crappy spring sensor.... or at least this one doesn't seem to.... on the back of the dev. unit there is only one sensor and it is only an optic sensor at that. I pulled it out and everything looks fine and clean.... My other 9000 does have the spring sensor....

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ya, i would just pull out the sensors and look at the springs. also just make sure everything is plugged in. if you havent got the new sensor sent to ya kip can look it up when it was shipped and if it has arrived yet.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That new sensor is unbelievable.

Do they really think that will last the long haul in a production machine. Whan I first saw it I just about fell off my chair. There is just too many small little parts that can go bad on that sensor. It will fail, it is just a question of when. Very poor design in my opinion. Sorry to sound so negative here, but I am disgusted that they would ruin a perfectly good machine with changes like this.

I repeat my stand on this machine, do not buy it until they fix it.

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey your not the only one who thinks this sensor is mickey mouse.
/raise hand

i just hope something better for that sensor comes out

Alex Atkins
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this new developer does NOT have the spring loaded optical sensor.

not being a dick..... it just doesn't have it. It has a different design....
It is just an optical eye....

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

send me a pic and I will post it.

But really, use an optical sensor in environment loaded with toner dust? Come on.

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ya i heard ya the first time you said it didnt. there were only a select few that made it at the start that had that type of sensor.

whats the sn of the machine?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So you think he has the original style 9000 dev unit? The one with the flimsy piece of cleaning blade for a sensor wiper? That's even worse.

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no.

the very first dev units had the optical sensor. and just a little after it being out the wiper sensor was put in them.

im thinking he has one of the very first dev units that were released. but if the upgrade was done on that machine that dev would of been tossed and the wiper sensor dev unit would of been installed with the new dev. you know the kit with the fans and all.

if your still using the sensor
here is the pages from the parts manual for it

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wdun2nyymi

if you look at what i circled in red that is the very first sensor that was used for this dev. this is parts ver 1.0 what you get now from the site is 2.0 that has the wiper sensor.

so i would try and order the 2 parts of the sensor for your older 9. unless you are going to do the dev upgrade.

Alex Atkins
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

holy crap..... fellas I apologize.... I think y'all are right. We bought this 9000 about the time the new dev. units were coming out. So i thought this one had already been upgraded..... kip sent the new upgrade dev. unit and our guy at kip said for us just to keep it when we tried to return it.... because we thought we didn't need huh.... he said just keep it anyway..... I should've know better... free dev. unit huh? crazy... Our is the really old school sensor no wipers no optical arms or anything. I've got a pic coming shortly. Thanks y'all. I will have to upgrade this unit with also with the new dev. unit. even though it should've already been done.

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YOU BETTER BE SORRY... jk jk hehe

its good to hear that you have the upgrade going in. if you would of looked at the pdf i posted you would see the sensor in there.

i remeber replacing one of those optical sensors the first week it was out... ha!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: